Thursday 1 April 2010

moreNorthpix



there were
petroglyphs at Chambers Gorge
and way up high at the top of the cliff
swifts were nesting
and making a spectacular aerobatics display


i collected bits of bark
and odd stones


even managed a swim in a crystal clear rockpool
the fat tadpoles kindly moved over and made space
the last time i saw the North look so green
was in 1989
the year my son was born

but there's a price to pay for greenery
here are the flies on my friends hat...




last light in the red dust
with modern technology
any idiot can take a good photo....

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are the person who witnessed these places and took pictures for us to see. I'm living vicariously through your wandering North. It's taking me away from temporary pains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful journey again :-)
    I can feel the sunshine on my back (even though we're in the middle of a hail storm)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you showed me the north.
    Beautiful.
    XXXm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewwww flies. But the rest ... sigh. Its amazing through your eyes. Love you India and love enjoying our beautiful world with you sister. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum.

    Looks divine,
    I laughed at your comment. I bet you've seen/heard it all when it comes to workshops.
    I get to teach my first next year at the fibre Forum. I'll be armed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings,

    I am sorry I have not been around very much. I am hardly on-line these days and I see that I have missed so much.

    Our son was born one year before yours and do our children not grow up too fast?

    Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello. been away teaching and slowly getting back to the blogs and see I have missed a lot.
    I love to follow your wanderings and share your images -- love the textures in these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post and stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swimming in a crystal clear rock pool .... just what I would like to do right now.

    ReplyDelete